«Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA Hof an der Saale Germany FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE AG & Co. KGaA Page FINANCIAL INFORMATION Management’s ...»
Management evaluates each segment using measures that reflect all of the segment’s controllable revenues and expenses. With respect to the performance of business operations, management believes that the most appropriate U.S. GAAP measures are revenue, operating income and operating income margin. The Company does not include income taxes as it believes this is outside the segments’ control. Financing is a corporate function, which the Company’s segments do not control.
Therefore, the Company does not include interest expense relating to financing as a segment measurement. Similarly, the Company does not allocate certain costs, which relate primarily to certain headquarter overhead charges, including accounting and finance, because the Company believes that these costs are also not within the control of the individual segments. Production of products, production asset management, quality management and procurement are centrally managed at Corporate. The Company’s global research and development is also centrally managed at Corporate.
These Corporate activities do not fulfill the definition of a segment. Products are transferred to the segments at cost; therefore no internal profit is generated. The associated internal revenues for the product transfers and their elimination are recorded as Corporate activities. Capital expenditures for production are based on the expected demand of the segments and consolidated profitability considerations. In addition, certain revenues, investments and intangible assets, as well as any related expenses, are not allocated to a segment but are accounted for as Corporate.
Information pertaining to the Company’s segment and Corporate activities for the three-month periods ended March 31, 2015 and 2014 is set forth below.
(1) EMEA, Asia-Pacific and Latin America acquisitions exclude $12,887, $33,960 and $309, respectively, of non-cash acquisitions for 2015.
(2) Business combinations during the last twelve months increased the Company´s Net Income (Net Income attributable to the shareholders of FMC-AG & Co. KGaA) in Q1 2015 by $678, including the costs of the acquisitions.
(3) Prior year information was adjusted to conform to the current year´s presentation due to the disaggregation of the International Segment disclosed previously into the EMEA Segment, Asia-Pacific Segment and Latin America Segment.
(4) EMEA, Asia-Pacific and Latin America acquisitions exclude $1,515, $4,376 and $1,678, respectively, of non-cash acquisitions for 2014.
15. Supplementary Cash Flow Information The following additional information is provided with respect to the Consolidated Statements of
(1) Net of tax refund.
(2) Thereof the excess tax benefit allocated to additional paid-in capital for the three-months ended March 31, 2015 and 2014 was $2,206 and $232, respectively.
16. Events Occurring after the Balance Sheet Date No significant activities have taken place since the balance sheet date March 31, 2015 that have a material impact on the key figures and business earnings presented. Currently, there are no other significant changes in the structure, management, legal form of the Company or on its personnel.
The personally liable shareholder, represented by the Managing Board of Fresenius Medical Care Management AG, and the Supervisory Board of FMC-AG & Co. KGaA have issued a compliance declaration pursuant to 161 of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG).The Company has frequently
made this declaration available to the public by pushing it on its website:
Contact Fresenius Medical Care 61346 Bad Homburg Germany Tel. +49 6172 609 0 www.freseniusmedicalcare.com Oliver Maier Head of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications Tel. +49 6172 609 2525 Fax +49 6172 609 2301 E-Mail: email@example.com Calendar 2015
Subject to alterations